Student Diaries

Student Diaries is a new and exciting project from your Skills for Learning team!

Students will be capturing their experience of the first year of study at university and sharing them on this blog. Follow their journeys as they start university, walk into their first large lecture, go on placement and tackle their first assignment!

Got your own story to tell? You can find out about becoming one of our student bloggers by emailing library-skillsforlearning@salford.ac.uk.

Read the latest diary entries

• The first semester was a steep learning curve on so many levels #studentdiaries

February 13th, 2017

Rather astoundingly, time has progressed rapidly and we find ourselves well into Semester Two. Upon reflection, the first semester was a steep learning curve on so many levels.  The level of study involved in obtaining an undergraduate degree has never been more apparent, as the initial shock of reality biting has settled.  For me personally, the weeks since ...

• The last few weeks of 2016 were full on to say the least!! #studentdiaries

February 06th, 2017

“At times as the pressure was immense” So its been a while since I wrote a blog… The last few weeks of 2016 were full on to say the least!! I had an exam to do (stress!!!) a case study, academic poster, ICPP assignment and Viva to complete. I didn’t know what to do with myself ...

• Exam meltdown #studentdiaries

January 31st, 2017

Plenty of time to revise 3 weeks off for Xmas and revision. That’s plenty of time to revise I thought. Having put in the effort previously on my essay I just had 2 exams to revise for. The first one was professional studies; a written exam. I hate written exams. I always have. The last written ...

• New to Salford? You are not alone! #studentdiaries

January 30th, 2017

Our team of fab student bloggers have been writing about their experience of studying at Uni and sharing some really good reflections about being a new student. Anne – studying Occupational Therapy Meet Anne. She has become an ‘expert juggler’ since starting her Occupational Therapy course in September. She has been blogging about setting up her ‘occupation ...

• One Semester Already…? #studentdiaries

December 15th, 2016

I’m finding myself a little overwhelmed as I start to write this post.  Firstly, I am a little behind due to sickness.  Secondly, given that there are only five days left before we adjourn for the seasonal festivities, there is a general consensus amongst myself and my fellow students, that these last four months seem to ...

• Hanging in there! #studentdiaries

December 09th, 2016

Reading, planning, more reading, writing and a bit of uncertainty I have recently felt a little drained so decided to stop writing the blogs and recuperate. I think I was trying to do too much at once and needed to slow down a little. We (podiatry) have been given our first assignment and because I was ...

• Referencing Lessons #studentdiaries

November 29th, 2016

This week friends I have learned a painful but valuable lesson When working on an essay or assignment and you find a piece of research, a useful book or anything that you might want to talk about in your assignment, for the love of all that is great and good write down the source and reference details ...

• November already… I mean NOVEMBER people! #studentdiaries

November 28th, 2016

Doesn’t time fly So, I was thinking about a title for my next entry, which is a  little delayed due to personal and family reasons, when it suddenly hit me that we are in November already…. I mean NOVEMBER people! Where have the last few weeks gone?  It doesn’t seem so long ago that I started this crazy ...

• The 7.45 from Middleton to Salford #studentdiaries

November 14th, 2016

Car sharing is a great opportunity to share experiences Every Monday morning at 7.45am my friend Janine picks me up and we car share into uni. This is an event that I look forward to every week, not only because my friend Janine is hilariously funny and makes the commute bearable but it is also a ...

• Dave has had a busy few weeks preparing for practice! #studentdiaries

November 11th, 2016

We asked Dave to tell us what he has been up to over the last few weeks. Here is what he had to say… “We completed an anatomy “spotter” mock test last week which was a little unnerving – mainly because there are so many parts to learn; not only muscles, ligaments, bones, tendons but then where each ...