Our first Microsoft Office Specialist Master!

By May.05, 2015

Majd Al-tujjar, Microsoft Office Specialist MasterCongratulations to Majd Al-tujjar, a postgraduate student from Computing, Science & Engineering, who is the first person to become a Microsoft Office Specialist Master in a new programme offered by the University to all students and staff.

Twenty candidates have succeeded at individual exams as part of the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) programme, which is free to students and staff across the University.

Majd Al-tujjar passed four exams in quick succession, in Word Expert, Excel Expert, PowerPoint and Outlook, to gain the Master qualification.

He certainly recommends the programme to all who want to enhance their CV with this globally recognised qualification. He said: “I always wanted to have a deeper knowledge about Microsoft Office programs than I had already and the MOS certification programme has helped me to get more than I thought. It helps me to demonstrate that I have now the deepest level of skills needed to use Office programs proficiently.”

The MOS programme offers the option of gaining certification in one or more applications or aiming for the Masters certification (a combination of four exams) as Majd did.  For more information on the MOS programme visit www.salford.ac.uk/library/mos

Are you ready to take a MOS exam?

There are two exam dates this month, 7th  May and 28th May. So if you’re MOS registered and are scoring 70% or over in the self-study training software, then you’re ready to book your exam place via Advantage.