Following a recent round of ESRC Social Science Festival funding, we are delighted to announce 8 of the 11 funding awards granted by the University have been made to our School. You will see there is a fabulous range of initiatives. There will be a showcase event in October that will illustrate approaches to impact taken by these and past award holders of HEIF and impact funding. The aim is to share ideas and tools for impact, learn from other schools as well as each other, and to explore innovative means of maximising impact.
Congratulations to all of the initiatives below!
Leave a comment
- Lisa Scullion. Social (in)security? Learning lessons from lived experiences of the benefits system. Seminar at Media City.
- Michelle Howarth with Prof Carol Haigh (MMU), Dr Mike Hardman (ELS), Dr Graeme Sheriff (SHUSU), Dr Andrea Gibbons (SHUSU). Alternative Gardeners Question Time: Green Care: Impact and Potential on Community and Individual Health and Wellbeing. Public debate and workshop at Salford Innovation Forum.
- Yuen (Denise) Megson with Louise Wong – Wai Yin (Manchester Chinese community group), Ed Connelle (AllFM Community Radio), Annette Rimmer (UoM PhD student and honorary lecturer in social work and community development UoS). Transmitting culture and community cohesion through Community Radio. Workshop developing media skills with Chinese people as a means of engagement at the Wai Yin Centre, Manchester.
- Ian Cummins with Dr Marian Foley (MMU) Dr Martin King (MMU). Fiction is far more true than any journalism. Event examining media portrayals of crime at Media City.
- Anthony Ellis with Clare Allely (UoS), Muzammil Quraishi (UoS), Dr Deborah Jump (MMU). How should we respond to violence? Interactive presentations at Mary Seacole.
- Melanie Stephens & Carol Bartley. Are you sitting comfortably: guidelines for assessing seating, posture and preventing pressure ulcers. Event with props (seats, pressure measures) in major train station or shopping mall.
- Kelly Lockwood. Mothering from the inside: considering implications for policy and practice in relation to mothering and imprisonment. Workshops and seminars with prisoners present.
- Tracey Williamson with Prof Josie Tetley (MMU), Luisa Rabanal (SiFD), Andy Walker (SiFD), Dementia Associates (SiFD). Dementia care services – fit for purpose? Seminar at Salford Museum.