MRC – Industrial CASE Studentships

By May.07, 2014

New funding opportunity

Title Industrial CASE Studentships
Funder Medical Research Council
Deadline 10 July 2014
Value See scheme guidance notes for details
Aim The Medical Research Council is committed to developing and sustaining a close and productive alignment with industry in the UK. As part of that commitment the MRC will fund approximately 30-35 individual Industrial CASE PhD studentships each year. Research Council Collaborative Training will provide doctoral students with a first-rate, challenging research training experience, within the context of a mutually beneficial research collaboration between academic and partner organisations in the private, public and civil society sectors.

Each Industrial CASE student will have two committed PhD supervisors, one academic and one from the non-academic partner. Both partners will make an important contribution to the training of the student: they will offer their outstanding student an experience of two distinct research cultures and access to a wider than usual range of technology, facilities and expertise. The student will benefit from a diversity of experimental approaches, while undertaking cutting-edge hypothesis driven research with a translational and perhaps clinical dimension.

Applications must demonstrate a relevance to MRC’s health mission.

Funding for MRC studentships is provided to research organisations, such as universities, who select outstanding candidates for projects with leading researchers. MRC do not fund students directly, so prospective students should contact the institution at which they wish to study.

Length 3 – 4 years
Eligibility Proposals must include an academic supervisor at a UK Higher Education Institution, Research Council Institute or Independent Research Organisation and a supervisor at non-academic partner organisation. Where the non-academic partner is a company, it must have an established UK based research and/or commercial production capability. Applications must be submitted via Je-S by the academic partner. Proposals can be led by either the academic supervisor at an eligible UK university or research institute or supervisor/supervisors at the non-academic partner organisation, but the Je-S application process must be completed by the academic partner.
Leave a comment


We love comments here but we have rules. All comments are moderated before appearing and abuse, profanity, aggression, spam and certain other content will not be tolerated on this site, so please don’t waste your time.

Read our full comments policy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.