The Salford International Media Festival 2014 will take place between 17 – 21 November at MediaCity UK. Opening the Festival this year, on Mon 17 – Tue 18 November, will be a new academic conference.
The conference, titled ‘Challenging Media Landscapes’, will focus on exploring the debate on media choice and freedom.
A call for papers for the conference has been launched, in the following broad areas:
- Freedom, Choice and Privacy in Media Environments
- Policy Choices and Freedom in Changing Media Environments
- The Growth of Big Data and Media Freedom
- Journalism, Media Freedom and Democracy
- Articulations of, and Barriers to, Creativity, freedom and Choice in Media Practices
Abstracts (400 words max) should be submitted to: email@example.com, by 9 June 2014.
Further details about the conference and the Festival: Challenging Media Landscapes.