Internal funding opportunities
The Research Impact and Public Engagement (RIPE) Fund
You can apply for funding to support research impact for an existing project, research development or research dissemination and public engagement activities.
Applications should be aligned to one or more of the following themes:
- Strengthening interaction – seeking to nurture and build upon relationships with non-academic partners, aligning with the University’s Industry Collaboration strategy
- Broadening research – in line with REF and funder requirements, to expand the reach and influence of research outcomes, in addition to introducing greater partner contribution into the design of future research
- Promoting social benefit – demonstrating how the application of research-based knowledge might lead to practical and focused solutions at a range of scales
The following list is not exhaustive:
- The translation of research findings for non-academic audiences (e.g. policy reports, leaflets, audio-visual materials, etc.)
- Pathway to impact (e.g. public engagement) events with a focus on non-academic stakeholders (dissemination or activity-based)
- The trialling of creative modes of public engagement (e.g. exhibitions or film screenings) with a view to generating tangible impact
- The commercialisation of research findings through IP protection and/or business engagement
- The formation or strengthening of networks outside academia (e.g. visits/meetings to build relationships, or the initial development of a web/social media platform)
- The development of pedagogical materials (e.g. online training resources or ‘train the trainer’ sessions)
Next call: September 2021
Deadline: 29 October 2021
Contact Emma Sutton, REF, KEF & Impact Manager (Research & Enterprise), at email@example.com for further details.
Application Form can be downloaded here:
External funding opportunities
For information on all other forms of funding available, please look out for regular signposting blog posts on this site or simply access the Research Development site at the following link:
This site provides dedicated support for all academic staff who are seeking external funding and developing research projects.
The Research Development Team (Research & Enterprise) can provide advice and support on a wide range of funding sources, including but not limited to charities and foundations, EU and International programmes, as well as a range of internal sources of University funding. The team also supports with all aspects bid development from the initial idea to final submission.
For advice on bidding, information about funding streams and support with proposals, including budget, please contact the team:
Adrian Duckworth, Research Development Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr Deborah Woodman, Research Development Officer (email@example.com)
Dr Ofonime Udoudo, Research Development Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)