Tim France

Director – Performance, Music, English and Dance / Salford School of Arts, Media and Creative Technology

Tim says “I love reading, listening, and watching the work students create during their studies – it’s a very happy place for me. Judging the nominations for the Create Student Awards is a special time and the perfect opportunity to see such distinctive, talented work. The supporting statements from their nominators are very moving and inspiring; I got to understand about each student and their journey through their time here at Salford. There are some amazing stories here of challenge and adversity, and all can be proud of their successes. I congratulate you all and wish you the best of fortunes for the future.”

Tim is a professional musician with 30 years of experience. He has played and toured extensively throughout the UK and Europe appearing on albums, live broadcasts, and film. Notable highlights include Bryan Ferry, Hamish Stuart, BBC Philharmonic Orchestra with Ricardo Afonso, jazz singer Todd Gordon, Julian Arguelles, Arild Anderson and the film ‘RKO-281’ starring John Malkovich, Melanie Griffith and Liev Schreiber.

© 2024 University of Salford