Meet Shabbir, 29, who moved over to the UK and dove straight into studying MSc Town and Country Planning.

Why did you choose to study MSc Town and Country Planning?

I chose to study MSc Town and Country Planning because I’m passionate about shaping communities, enhancing the quality of life and managing land use in a way that balances development with environmental sustainability. It often appeals to those interested in urban design, infrastructure development, public policy and creating solutions to housing, transportation and environmental challenges.

What have you enjoyed most about your course?

I like my module leader, lecturers and assignments. Professors and academic advisors often provide guidance on coursework, research and fieldwork. The guest speakers and field trips are also great. I have made connections, too, which have developed during my course.

Environment students explore the green roof

What do you want to do in the future, and how do you think your course has prepared for you for your future?

I want to work in the Construction industry. In my course, I have gained the knowledge of UK planning policies and procedures which will be useful in the industry. Not only has my course helped me to understand planning laws and environmental regulations, but the coursework also often involves real-world case studies and fieldwork, where I have tackled current challenges in urbanisation, rural development and sustainable design.

What piece of advice would you give to someone thinking about studying MSc Town and Country Planning?

Planning issues differ by region, so while it’s important to understand global trends, it’s equally important to stay informed about the specific policies, challenges and needs of the areas you’re most interested in working in.

Check out MSc Town and Country Planning

Find out more about our MSc Town and Country Planning course and open up exciting career opportunities today.