For #GreenCareersWeek our Graduate Sustainability Communications & Engagement Officer (who you will meet later this week) has put together some top tips and advice for Salford Graduates looking for a job.
- Set up a LinkedIn profile – makes it easier to network with academics and professionals within your field and gives you personalised job searches.
- Update your CV – make sure it is up to date with all your skills and experiences. Look around for volunteering and training opportunities that could enhance your skill set.
- Research the industry/field you want to go into, the potential companies you would want to work for and keep up to date with the latest news,research and reports.
- Have a positive mindset – you may face rejection along the way to finding your graduate job, so it’s essential to be optimistic.
- Start applying as soon as possible – this will help reduce any pressure and get you used to the application processes. Get in contact with the Careers and Enterprise team who can offer support and guidance.
The University of Salford Careers and Enterprise Team provide support for CV writing, job interviews, run workshops and can help you develop essential employability skills. Check out Careers | University of Salford. There is also a dedicated careers hub open Monday to Friday, located at the front of the Lady Hale building (see number 8 on campus map here).