I’m about to start my third year of studying at The University of Salford and already I’m sad that this is my final year. Looking back, I’m so glad with my decision to choose Salford and wouldn’t change it for the world. Here’s some of the reasons why The University of Salford was right for me.

1. My Open Day Experience

I heard about the university through a family member who was already a student here and decided to attend an open day, where I was shown around the campus and got to hear from the teaching staff on my course. This was extremely eye-opening to physically see and hear about what my life would be like if I chose to study here and I was able to ask questions about some of the issues I was worried about, helping me to feel a lot more at ease. I would definitely recommend getting yourself down to an open day if you can – Visit this webpage to check out the next open day.

Photo of a student volunteer wearing red salford uni jacket and shirt talking to other students

2. The Location

My favourite thing about Salford’s campus is its location! I like being a campus university with everything you need such as first-year accommodation, a student store, the SU, so many of the lecture halls all being located in one place, creating a real sense of community. At the same time, we are only a short walking distance away from Manchester city centre, which is great for plans outside of studying, such as going to concerts or coffee dates with friends.

3. MediaCityUK Campus

As a member of the School of Arts, Media & Creative Technology, many of my classes take place on our MediaCityUK campus, which was a huge selling point for me when looking into the university. MediaCityUK is a rapidly growing hub within the creative industries, being home to the BBC & ITV studios, so getting to study alongside so many likeminded professionals is motivating and provides great networking opportunities. The campus itself is also equipped with industry standard equipment and facilities, and so many opportunities for collaboration and to get involved with extra-curricular activities such as QuaysTV.

Mediacity

4. My Course

I study Digital Video Production & Marketing, which is a unique course focussing on both the practical elements of using video in marketing, and also the theory behind it. In the past two years I’ve already learnt so much and have met friends for life! My favourite modules have included the camera module, learning the basics of lighting, camera work, and sound, and also the Professional Practice module which encouraged us to go out and seek work experience within the industry.

So far, I’ve had an amazing experience studying at Salford and I couldn’t recommend it anymore! I hope to see you on our campus soon!