The Research and Knowledge Exchange Strategy 2017-2027 places impact at its heart, with one of its core values being to ‘transcend traditional disciplinary boundaries to deliver innovative fundamental and applied research with impact’.
With this in mind, the Research Impact Fund is offering individuals and groups up to £3000 that must be match-funded by their School/Research Centre, in support of activities that reflect the University’s desire to increase the impact and reach of its research for future REF exercises and wider activities.
Applications should be aligned to one or more of the following themes:
- Strengthening interaction – seeking to nurture and build upon relationships with non-academic partners, aligning with strategic goal of the University – the Industry Collaboration Zones
- Broadening research – in line with REF and funder requirements, to expand the reach and influence of research outcomes, in addition to introducing greater partner contribution into the design of future research
- Promoting social benefit – demonstrating how the application of research-based knowledge might lead to practical and focused solutions at a range of scales
The following list is not exhaustive:
- The translation of research findings for non-academic audiences (e.g. policy reports, leaflets, audio-visual materials, etc.)
- Pathway to impact events with a focus on non-academic stakeholders (dissemination or activity-based)
- The trialling of creative modes of public engagement (e.g. exhibitions or film screenings) with a view to generating tangible impact
- The commercialisation of research findings through IP protection and/or business engagement
- The formation or strengthening of networks outside academia (e.g. visits/meetings to build relationships, or the initial development of a web/social media platform)
- The development of pedagogical materials (e.g. online training resources or ‘train the trainer’ sessions)
The 2020/21 Fund is currently open again for a special call for new applications, with a deadline of Friday, 26th February 2021.
Further details and the application form can be found on the Impact Funding page at www.salford.ac.uk/ref
If you would like to find out more about the Research Impact Fund, or impact in general, please contact Emma Sutton, Impact, Engagement and Environment Coordinator on email@example.comLeave a comment