So my internship is about to finish and the time has come to create my final blog post! For the past 3 months I have been working with the University of Salford, as a Social Media Graduate Intern. In this post I will share with you some of the interesting things I have got up to. 

How was my time at university?image: photograph of the front of maxwell building

My time spent at university will be something I will never forget. I have experienced living with many different types of people, learned how to be more independent and have gained a lot of skills needed to go forward with my career.

The graphic design course has also really helped. The course aims to set a lot of creative problem solving briefs which teach you to think in a different way. The tutors I had over the 3 years helped support and push creative thinking which has given me a great portfolio to work with. I also had a lot of industry experience before graduating because a lot of the graphic design modules the University of Salford offer come from real companies.

Summarising my internship!image: group of social media student bloggers laughing

One day I was checking through my emails and I saw a message from UniTemps asking for recent graduates to start work at the University of Salford. I instantly thought it was an interesting opportunity so I quickly applied. As I am interested in digital marketing I put that as one of my preferences in my application and I was accepted to do social media and online content here for the university.

At the start of the internship I was introduced to 4 other student bloggers who would be working alongside me on different projects. These guys have made the experience of this internship amazing for me because we all work so well together as a team.

At the beginning I was involved in a lot of photography and filming projects. This was interesting for me because in my course I was behind the camera doing these things, so it was great to experience what it is like on the other side. There were also times I got called out to cover events happening around campus to film for Instagram stories. My favourite was meeting up with the energetic Salford University Dance Society group, where they danced for 12 hours to raise money for MIND – The Mental Health Charity. When the event finished they raised £1,190 which I think is an amazing achievement.

The whole process here has been a great experience and I have learned a lot of new skills I will be able to use going forward into my next job.

Plans For The Future…image: plane flying to china for internship

As my time is coming to a close here on my internship I have been applying for different opportunities to start once I leave. Recently I have signed up to the InternChina programme and have just found out I have passed all the application stages and have been accepted onto the programme! Hopefully by the end of April I will be on a plane to China to start a 2 month digital marketing internship, which would be an incredible experience, I really can’t wait.

Thank you to everyone who has read through my blog posts during my time here.