To support researchers at Salford in becoming more ‘impactful’, the University operates an internal Research Impact Fund, which offers:
• up to £1000 that must be match-funded by your School/Research Centre, to individuals and groups in support of activities that reflect the University’s desire to increase the impact and reach of its research, and/or highlight strategic engagement that builds upon the University’s vision to pioneer ‘exceptional industry partnerships’.
• up to £1500 that must be match-funded by your School/Research Centre, to identified REF impact case study leads seeking to increase their dissemination and impact generation activities for the remainder of the current REF cycle.
Applications should be aligned to one or more of the following themes:
- Strengthening interaction – seeking to nurture and build upon relationships with non-academic partners, aligning with strategic goal of the University – the Industry Collaboration Zones
- Broadening research – in line with REF and funder requirements, to expand the reach and influence of research outcomes, in addition to introducing greater partner contribution into the design of future research
- Promoting social benefit – demonstrating how the application of research-based knowledge might lead to practical and focused solutions at a range of scales
The following list is not exhaustive:
- The translation of research findings for non-academic audiences (e.g. policy reports, leaflets, audio-visual materials, etc.)
- Events or workshops with a focus on non-academic stakeholders (dissemination or activity-based)
- The trialling of creative modes of public engagement (e.g. exhibitions or film screenings)
- The commercialisation of research findings through IP protection and/or business engagement
- The formation or strengthening of networks outside academia (e.g. visits/meetings to build relationships, or the initial development of a web/social media platform)
- Exchange or placement activities (e.g. within an external non-HEI organisations, or through the placement of a non-HEI partner within the University)
- The development of pedagogical materials (e.g. online training resources or ‘train the trainer’ sessions)
The 2018/19 Fund is currently open for a special call for new applications, with a deadline of Friday, 1st March 2019.
Further details and the application form can be found on the Impact Funding page at www.salford.ac.uk/ref
If you would like to find out more about the Research Impact Fund, or impact in general, please contact Emma Sutton, Impact, Engagement and Environment Coordinator on email@example.com
Tags: funding, Impact Case Study, REF, research impact
Posted in AMC, BRC, EERC, HS, NMSWSS, SBS, SIRC, UPRISE