Who Am I?

Hello everyone, my name is Tia. I’m 20 years old and I’m a second-year undergraduate student at the University of Salford, studying Television and Radio Production. Being a media student, it’s only natural that one of my favourite hobbies is to post content on social media. I especially love posting all things travel, fashion and lifestyle related. I also love to play the Sims 4 on my PC in my spare time; I could play for hours. My favourite drink is coffee: iced coffee, white coffee, oat milk latte, hazelnut cappuccino – I’ve tried them all!

As well as being a student, I am also now a Student Social Media Content Creator. I get to create entertaining and educational content, such as campus tours, open days, freshers week content and more. My audience is prospective students, parents, current students and anyone else who’d like to take a little sneak peak into the life of a student at the University of Salford.

How I ended up in Salford

MediaCityUK at night

Ever since I was 8 years old making music videos on my iPod, I’ve always known that I’ve wanted to be a part of the media industry. I’ve been filming and editing videos since Primary school and I feel like it’s always felt very natural to me. I visited MediaCityUK in the summer of 2021 because my sister was filming with BBC at the time and I thought why not tag along? When I arrived I was in awe of all the media companies that were situated there – it seemed like the perfect place to get into the creative industry. As you can imagine, I started looking at courses and open days as soon as I got home and ended up loving the huge selection of media related courses at the university, so I applied to the Television and Radio Production course and started in September 2022.

Why Salford?

Peel Building University of Salford

When I first started looking into media courses at the University of Salford, I initially loved how practical they looked. The fact that the course allows you to have so many hands-on experiences with camera equipment and studios intrigued me. I felt like it covered practical work a lot more than other universities which made it really stand out. I also felt very safe on both university campuses which of course is a major priority. Everyone is so friendly and it creates a wonderful environment.

The University of Salford has allowed me to build my confidence, meet friends for life and fall in love with the city of Manchester. I would not change my university experience for the world.