Manchester SEO and Social Media training that works – says Anthony Mcloughlin

By Jan.15, 2012

Manchester SEO and Social Media training Anthony

Manchester Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and Social Media Marketing training provides the key knowledge and skills people need to work in the growing SEO and Social Media marketing industry – says Anthony Mcloughlin.

This course is offered by Salford Business School in partnership with leading digital marketing organisations such as Latitude, Carat, PushON, MoneySupermarket, Pleer, Fast Web Media, MEC: Manchester and Brilliant Media and the internationally-recognised Search Engine Marketing Professionals Organisation (SEMPO).

From 26th January 2012, this course will be offered right at the heart of the region’s digital and media economy at the University of Salford’s new state-of-the-art facility at MediaCityUK:

Manchester SEO and Social Media training at MediaCityUK

10 Steps to start your SEO and Social Media Marketing career

Anthony McLoughlin from Burnley, graduated from the course in November last year and has already found that it has helped him completely change his career path for the better. As part of his studies he wrote and presented the following blog post on “SEO Career – 10 Steps to Help You Get Yours Up and Running”.

Manchester SEO and Social Media training blog post presentation by Anthony McLoughlin

While working as a technical clerk at a conservatory roofing company, he began to take an interest in digital marketing. He explained:

“I didn’t mind my job, but I knew it wasn’t what I wanted to do with my life. I started to read up about Pay Per Click advertising and then progressed into taking an interest in SEO. I found it so interesting that I decided I wanted to develop a career in the SEO industry.”

Commuting from home once a week and participating in online discussions and self study using the online training material from SEMPO, it was not long until Anthony was able to write a blog post about a career in SEO using his newly gained knowledge and skills.

“The Search & Social Media Marketing course has helped me tremendously,” Anthony continued. “Before the course I barely knew anything about SEO and social media marketing, and now I can talk confidently about the subjects and give advice to people.”

And, it was not long until Anthony was offered a job as a Digital Project Co-ordinator at Burnley-based Tone Digital Marketing Agency.

“Learning from industry speakers from the Manchester SEO community was the main highlight of the course,” he said. “They gave me some fantastic advice and inside knowledge that only people in the industry know, and I’m adopting the advice and ‘secrets’ in my new role right now.”

Follow Anthony on Twitter and LinkedIn.

Places on this course are limited to 12 participants  – contact us for more information or just use the comments section below or book your place using the online booking form.

Carol Prestbury – CPD & Professional Training Associate
Research and Innovation
Faraday House
The University of Salford
Salford
M5 4WT

Email: C.A.Prestbury@salford.ac.uk
Tel: 0161 295 6855
Fax: 0161 295 5494

4 thoughts on “Manchester SEO and Social Media training that works – says Anthony Mcloughlin

1. Danielle Adams says:

Before starting the Search & Social Media Marketing course, I had only basic knowledge of SEO. The course was structured in a way that made all the information easily digestible without leaving out the detail. I have gained a great deal of knowledge, not to mention confidence from both the training and the experience. By enrolling onto this course, you can expect to make some very valuable contacts… I still speak to a lot of people from the course and have had numerous interviews and a job offer as a result. I am now about to launch my own mummy blog and have been inspired to challenge myself with some longer term goals for the future, so watch this space!!

2. Mike Towers says:

I signed up to the inaugural SSMM course; I was then co-owner of a small boutique design agency in Bolton. Now, I have just been employed as a Digital Strategist eCommerce for Thailand’s largest Hotel Group, Centara Hotels & Resorts http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com . The course was ideal for entry level as well as likeminded people who understood the basics but needed direction and some guidance on how to implement SEO and Social Media Marketing into a service I would be able to offer my clients. After only a few weeks into the course I knew SEO/SMM would be a career changer and/or a new direction for my then business. To cut a long story short, if you fancy a career change and are interested in learning and meeting some the best in the business then I would sincerely recommend enrolling on the course. It’s not only a career changer, after living in Bangkok for 11 months it’s a definite life changer!

3. Cristina Vasilica says:

The Search & Social Media Marketing course is not just preparing you for a new career; it is also an enhanced learning experience for existing developers and marketers. I was passionate about SEO since the early stages of my career in web development and marketing but the course has taken my knowledge and ability to a different level. I enjoyed the course, the great speeches and the examples from gurus in the field and the passion of all those involved in teaching SSMM. I will give a rate of 10 star, if that is the maximum 🙂 . If you cannot decide your direction, then the University of Salford’s SSMM is the answer! Happy SSMM learning!!

4. How2Media says:

Without a doubt a great course that will open up previously non-available roles in employment or even self employment in the digital, seo, social etc industry.