Categories
Students and Scholarships

Scholar Spotlight: Matt

Matt Littlewood is a first year Architectural Engineering student at the University of Salford and is one of the first scholars to receive a Scholarship from Barratts. They are a leading national sustainable housebuilder, and are the headline partner of The University of Salford’s Friends of Energy House Labs charitable programme with a donation of £105,000 which has funded five scholarships and has contributed to towards the Impact Fund.

Matt is extremely grateful to Barratts for this scholarship as it will allow them to purchase materials that will support them to continue to excel on their course. Matt has said, ‘ my current laptop does not support the design software I need, I am therefore planning to use part of my scholarship to buy a new laptop. This will have a positive impact on my academic progress as it will speed up the turnaround time on the work I need to produce. This would not be possible without this scholarship.’

Matts future ambitions is to work in an architecture practice, ideally specialising in sustainable design as he feels this is an important area for the future. Matt is particularly interested in the Barratt’s Z-House which we are also very lucky to have here on our central campus. Matt said, ‘this is an amazing example of how future homes can be environmentally sustainable and is a source of inspiration.’

We look forward to hearing more about how Matt progresses further into his academic journey and growing as an industry professional.

To find out more about the ways you can support vital scholarships at the University of Salford, visit Giving To Salford.