Categories
Students and Scholarships

Scholar Spotlight: Chloe

Chloe is a first-year student studying Biochemistry with one year of studies in the USA. Chloe is the newest student to receive the Steve Pearce Biochemistry Scholarship. Steve Pearce is a long-standing supporter of the university, is a Salford alumnus and Co-Founder and CEO of Omega Ingredients Ltd. Founded in 2001, Omega Ingredients Ltd, is an award-winning creator of specialist natural flavours, ingredients, and fragrances for manufacturers of food, beverages, and cosmetics products worldwide.

Chloe is thankful for the scholarship opportunity and it can allow her to, ‘spend more time either researching or participating in specific career related work/ lab experience and this is a crucial step into establishing my career again giving me another advantage.’ Chloe is still open different career paths within the scientific industry but says, ‘specifically, my main career aspiration is to become a clinical scientist in embryology/an embryologist. My interest in this first arose when a close family member went through fertility treatment, and I was able to witness the process firsthand.

Chloe is strong academically and prides herself in achieving the best she can with her studies. Chloe has said, ‘academically, receiving the scholarship allows me to focus more on my academics ensuring that without the need to go to work my studies can be to their highest quality.

We are extremely honoured that our community of donors support a range of life-changing scholarships across the University of Salford. For further insight into the incredible philanthropy in action at Salford, take a look at our donor case studies here. If you want to chat to us about supporting scholarships at the University of Salford, please contact us at supporters@salford.ac.uk.

We look forward to sharing more of our amazing scholar stories with you and how receiving a scholarship is making a huge difference to our student’s studies.

To find out more about the ways you can support vital scholarships at the University of Salford, visit Giving To Salford.